On Tue, 2021-11-02 at 19:35 +0000, Maíra Canal via devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm an undergrad student of Computer Engineering in Brazil. I use
> Fedora for about a year as my only OS and I love the philosophy (and
> the performance) of Fedora. Currently, I'm looking forward to being a
> part of the community and contributing by supporting packages and
> developing. I have already some experience contributing to the Linux
> kernel, but I would like to contribute to Fedora directly.
>
> I'm looking for suggestions of applications to be packaged, so if you
> have any, I'm glad to know.
>
> Looking forward to future cooperation,
> Maíra

Bom dia and Welcome!

Picking up on what Zbyszek mentioned, another way to get started with
packaging itself could be help review already open requests. You find a
list of open review requests here: [1] and here are the docs on how to
review: [2]. Maybe you find something that interests you.

Hmm, as for the Fedora kernel: [3] Explains a bit what Fedora ARK [4]
is and more recent developments.

There are lots of different ways to get into the project. You can
change and improve a lot of things. Including the docs :) [5].

BK

[1]: https://fedoraproject.org/PackageReviewStatus/
[2]:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/ReviewGuidelines/
[3]: In the Fedora Project YouTube channel, Justin Forbes with newest
changes with the Fedora kernel https://youtu.be/urUktTIP0Fs
[4]: https://cki-project.gitlab.io/kernel-ark/
[5]: https://pagure.io/projects/fedora-docs/%2A