I just wonder, is the system upgrade to the more recent Fedora automatic? I suspect that the answer is *no*, otherwise I would not need yesterday to update the system from F33 (I am rawhide user, so pardon my ignorance).

Therefore my question is, can it be automatic? Is it configurable?

Just FTR, the computer in question was my sister's computer and her expectation was that the system would be automatically upgraded similarly to other updates, where she is asked to apply the updates prior shutdown. It never occurred to her that she would need to click on something and I think that is fair expectation. I don't think that Fedora should allow to keep the system outdated and without updates.

Vít