Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 18:06:47 +0530 > From: Rahul Paknikar <srahul...@gmail.com>

As Sumanto mentioned, we have been using KiCad for the eSim EDA tool for
 several years. During these years, we made a library of ~1000 schematics
 designed in KiCad's latest version (v4.0.7) at that time.[snip] We take
this opportunity to request your suggestions on feasible ways to port these circuit schematics to KiCad 5 or 6.

First step is make sure you have good backups of the schematics and the part
libraries. I would include having up-to-date printouts so you can easily
refer to them when checking the schematics in the latest version of KiCad.
Don't uninstall the old program when you install the new one.

Be prepared to do some work on the updated schematics. Even for
standard parts some of the schematic symbols changed. In updating one of my
old schematics I found the resistor symbol had changed. It was smaller so
the wires needed to be extended one grid square on each end to reconnect all
the R in my schematics. I have also found the automatic remapping process
hasn't always worked that well. I have several schematics where all the
parts used are all linked to a rescue library because the automatic
remapping process wasn't even able to find basic items like standard R and C
symbols.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick