If this is so, then Pactor III, MT631K and MT63-2K and I suppose several other
wide PSK modes will not be permitted.

Walt/K5YFW

-----Original Message-----
From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of John B.
Stephensen
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:54 AM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Recent regulation changes in USA

The ARRL told me that any data transmission mode (defined as computer to
computer file transfer) wider than 500 Hz would be prohibited on all HF bands
if the rules changes go into effect. Image transmission bandwidth is unchanged.
They also said that they are working to convince the FCC to change the
bandwidth restriction before the rules are published. What I'd like to see the
FCC do is just have different bandwidth restrictions in different band segments
with out restricting the content (data, image or voice).

73,

John
KD6OZH