Of course it is. PSK31 goes raw, while MFSK and Olivia have FEC added.
So, stand a better chance of being decoded correctly.

When nature starts stirring the gas above, all it reflects (refracts)
suffers the same effect as it had passed thru the house of mirrors,
making giants look like dwarfs and tiny thin people look like King Kong
for an instant, and then, become the contrary, and so on.

No wonder SSB becomes Donald Duck squared...

73,

Jose, CO2JA

----

John Bradley wrote:

> For what it’s worth Rud, PSK31 appears much more susceptible to phase
> distortion that wider modes such as MFSK and OLIVIA.
>
> Here, we are just over 50 degrees north latitude and have many more
> occasions to experience the Northern “flutter” from the aurora.
 > This phase distortion knocks out PSK31 pretty fast.
 > Also makes SSB ops sound like Donald Duck……..
>
> There are times when this will show up on relatively short hops (less
> than 500km) on 80 and 40 M
>
> John
>
> VE5MU

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: