Have you found particular combinations of Olivia BW and tones that seem
to work the best for various conditions?

My frustration with Olivia is that it is impractically slow for keyboard
chats unless you use the higher baud speeds to get the wpm to at least
30 wpm. But then it does not seem to work as well.

But if the choice was some communication instead of no communication,
there would be times that it would be a good choice. My main interest is
in using sound card modes that work well for emergency communication
with lower power and lesser quality antennas, particularly on HF NVIS.