Hello John,

TKS for the report of this long QSO.

>Under poor conditions it is important to avoid collisions by typing and ending
>with an "over" sign, be it BT,K or

In the last test version, I have integered a Sholto Fisher idea to limit
collisions, which is the following:

If A receives a frame from B there is a big probability that A receives a new
frame from B. Previously, if A had something to send, A directly sent his frame
if the channel was free. With a big probability there was a collision between
the A frame and the B frame.

Now, if A has to send something, in this configuration, there will be an
enforced small delay before A transmission, so as to be able to detect a frame
from B. So A will detect the B frame and will send his message with the
acknowledgment of the B frame and there will be no collision.

So I think this problem is partially solved, partially because it is impossible
to avoid collisions. But collisions are managed by the protocol and there is no
problem.

However, if the channel is very noisy (let's say under -10 dB) it could be
possibly difficult to recover the normal exchange. The softs (of A and B) have
one minute to recover the link, afterwards there is an automatic disconnection.
I think this delay (one minute) is superior to the duration of a simple QSB,
during which the signal can be lost.

73

Patrick