I see the point about document transfer, but wouldn't higher speed modes
at higher frequencies be more efficient? For situations where
infrastructure is in place, wouldn't a well planned DSTAR network be
much more efficient? 100 kbps from a portable radio located almost
anywhere would seem to be a much more powerful tool than a painfully
slow HF link.