True, but it also depends on what the emergency is. Since you are in a
rural area you most likely have completely different needs. There are
many different modes possible. I think it is important to remember that
this thread started with discussion of automated robotic systems that
transmit without listening. I don't think that in an emergency you would
not want such a bot stepping on your CW,SSB,PSK31,etc.