--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "kh6ty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Demetre,
>
> We are looking forward to your explanation as to how an unattended
PMBO,
> very near to a local station (and which local station, that the far
away
> client cannot even detect), and running a mode other than Pactor, will
> refuse to transmit over the local station's QSO if queried by the
far away
> client.
>
> It is easy to understand how this can happen on 20m where many use
> directional beam antennas. The local station does not even have to very
> "local" to the PMBO, but beaming in its direction for his QSO with a
station
> in the direction of the PMBO, so that the client is off the side of
the beam
> pattern. An operator at the PMBO could easily detect the beaming
station,
> perhaps even over S9, but the client, being off the side of the beam,
> detects nothing and thinks the frequency is clear.
>
> This is critical to the problem of understanding how unattended
stations can
> mix with attended stations on shared bands, and your explanation
would be
> very much appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Skip KH6TY

Hi Skip,

I am quoting here my reply to DAVE about his Anti-radiation missiles
tuned to PACTOR PMBO frequencies for your information!
That shows you exactly the attitude of some people against anything
they dislike and how they act. If the Pactor PMBOs activated any DCD
mechanism, people like Dave would sit there all day to deliberately
cause QRM with their Anti-Radiation missiles tuned to the PACTOR PMBO
frequencies, as he said, and cause havoc. Is this kind of QRM accepted
by you?

What about this Skip? Is this justified? Tell me what works perfectly
on HF and if we manage to correct them all then PACTOR will follow and
I believe the PMBOs will have no problem finding a way to implement a
DCD mechanism.

And just like Andy, our moderator, said previously:
-------------------------
Aside from Pactor, I suspect that many ALE operations are not always
under full manual control. Neither are some Propnet stations that use
300 baud packet or PSK31. Many DXpeditions act like they can transmit
any place they want, and then there are also the folks at W1AW who
send old news automatically at predetermined times via RTTY and CW.
--------------------------
And I must add, what about the numerous nets on HF that deliberately
cause QRM when anyone dares to use their frequency before they start
their NET? What about AX25 BBS FORWARDING that still takes place on
HF? (These are really the automatic ROBOTS, not the semi-automatic
PACTOR PMBOs), what about HF APRS Digis?

What are you going to do about all them?

Fix the HF bands first and then blame PACTOR PMBOs and automatic
operations.

Forget about PACTOR 3 being the problem because it isn't.

73 de Demetre SV1UY

------QUOTED MESSAGE From Dave-------------------------
Re: Questions on digital opposition, QRM on PACTOR PMBOS now from
DAVE, Congrats

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> amateur radio for many operators Demetre. That's why so many are
> willing to do practically anything to make WinLink stop generating
> QRM. Anti-radiation missiles tuned to PMBO frequencies were on a lot
> of Christmas lists; "Ack *this*".

You see now why the PBMOs cannot install any DCD mechanism that
detects QRM and they leave the busy detection to be the responsibility
of the client? Because people like you would misuse such a mechanism
and the PMBOs would be rendered useless.

This is a VERY bad practice that you and your followers excercise and
hence you should have your license revoked for this action you just
admitted yourself.

Anyway please comment to your daddy (the FCC) as you like, although
you do understand you are wrong, and if you have a PACTOR MODEM and
have not understood it's use yet then I am sorry for you because
nothing comes even close to PACTOR 3 for emergency comms OM.

> 73,
>
> Dave, AA6YQ

73 de Demetre SV1UY