If you go to the SCS website, it clearly states that PACTORIII is
designed for commercial operation, especially maritime. They then have a
tanned rich German guy on the website giving a testimonial how the
system works from his yacht. If people want to tie up marine frequencies
with such a low speed system, fine. Personally I think if one can afford
a sea going vessel with an installed ham station, they can carry
Immarsat and move data at 64 kbps. This has no place on amateur frequencies.