Dave,

Do not try to type at the same time you are linked with another station,
because flarq is going to be sending keystrokes to VBdigi, often at the same
time as you try to type. As you point out, NBEMS is a messaging system, not
a chat system. It is also primarily for 2m emergency messaging, or NVIS on
HF, where there is little QSB to contend with.

The best way to play with it is to first establish contact without using
Flarq. Then one of you presses the beacon button and takes it from there,
only sending a stored email, stored text message, or picture and don't type
until the progress bar on Flarq has progressed from white to green to full
green and then white again.

73, Skip
KH6TY