At 01:54 PM 1/13/2008, kh6ty wrote:

>You obviously do not understand reproprocity principle and how it applies to
>radio, Chuck, and in most cases the PropNet station is running less power
>than others, or what is the point of using it to determining propagation?
>Beacon stations also tend to run lower power for the same reason, so if you
>can copy the Propnet station, 90% of the time it could hear you, IF it
>listened.
>
>You and I are almost the same age, so you surely must have heard the old
>adage in ham radio, "If you can hear'em, you can work'em". However, this is
>only true if you are running as much power or ERP as the station you are
>copying, and we are not talking about PropNet stations running 1 KW!

Oh, Skip.  Thank you for your very welcome feedback.  I forgot you
always have a perfectly uniform reflecting medium between you and
everyone else.  That is why you get perfect reciprocity all the
time.   Well it doesn't always work that way for me.

Can we get back to technical discussions now and leave the rules
enforcement for others?