From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Chuck Mayfield
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 1:18 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Is Propnet/HF APRS legal in USA ? (was : Trouble
at mill RTTY contesters war with HFlink

At 09:57 AM 1/13/2008, Rick wrote:
>My preference would have been for those who want to operate these kinds
>of modes to request an interpretation and if the finding was not to
>their satisfaction, to petition the FCC for a rule change. They did not
>do this and now some of us have had to take action and do it in their
>place.

So, Rick, from whom did you get your mandate to take action?
It certainly was not me. I don't even use any of those modes,
but I do not appreciate activists who have to "take action" when
nothing is necessarily wrong. If you want to feel powerful,
why don't you run for office or something?

Don't take this personally, please.

73,
Chuck AA5J