Jack.  We on the other side see THAT as exactly the problem.  Your mailbox
sits there silent.  Somone else gets on the freq and calls it.  It comes
up - and causes interference to someone else that is already using the freq
(which you would have heard if you were physically sitting there operating).
The origninal caller to you, because of propagation, did not hear the other
ongoing QSO- but YOU would have.  Therefore it is your transmitter that
caused the interference.  All quite easily taken care of if our software had
a "busy signal" capability, and simply didnt respond to the other guy, while
other signals were up and on the air.  That software has been written, and
from my understanding would be made available to the Pactor software people,
if they would just accept it.  If its been done, other software writers can
do the same.

Your mailbox needs to be controlled by YOU, not the other end, as long as
there is no "busy signal" detection.

Danny Douglas
N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB
All 2 years or more (except Novice)
Pls QSL direct, buro, or LOTW preferred,
I Do not use, but as a courtesy do upload to eQSL for
those who do.