Hi Danny,

I replied up here 'cause I wasn't sure what I was going to snip out
from your message, yet.

Why not apply the rationale to transmitters in general?   YOU can't
transmit for your thrice-weekly sked because your station detects
VERY nearby signals and will not transmit...until the current
"interferring" QSO terminates?  THEN, you can transmit on the
sked frequency.

Or, you just come up on frequency, very close to 14.236 Digi voice
group or very close to 3.713 Digipix group and you're going to want
to ask if the frequency is use (albeit you can aurally sense the
ongoing comms nearby) - only you can't because of the "Busy Guard"
and thus, nothing transmitted to interfere with the pix or voice
transfers.

ORRRR, you come up to 3.713 and want to key up to declare that
the digital NOISE is crap!, and then whistle or whatever - only you
can't 'cause of the "Busy Guard."

I can see all sorts of possibilities for the technology.  Hmmm, now
when the folks on 3.713 stop transmitting the digital pix and there's
silence..... and then you CAN transmit your anti-digital pix diatribe,
you can continue to spew out explitives and NONE of the folks can
transmit until you stop (because of their own "Busy Guard"
protection).

I wonder if my example is as "incomprehensible" as another was
said to be that I wote for a different subject.  Don't ask me what my
point is. I was just musing over your scenario and this blossomed
out of that.  First the BOTS, then...... the rest of the interference.

Howard W6IDS
Richmond, IN