--- Patrick Lindecker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello John and Ralph,
>
> >If it did not get a space, it would force the end
> of line sequence after 72 charcters.
> In Multipsk (and perhaps in other soft) this option
> exists (button "1 CR/LF"/72 char."). It permits to
> communicate with old RTTY mechanical machine. But
> this option is OFF by default (you must select it).
>
> I remember that this question yet came about one
> year ago (perhaps two?).
>
> 73
> Patrick

It is good that you can turn the end of line function
off and on.  I had it that way on my system so I could
edit the pix that were sent on the air about 20 years
ago.  I have not been too active on rtty for the last
5 years.  I moved and am just now getting the station
back together.  Mostly just receiving now and not
doing any transmitting lately.  I will have to look at
the software to see what options are for transmitting.

It might just be that the glass rtty users need to be
educated as to what is really needed for those of us
that have the old mechanical machines.  I have the
Modle 19 and a home built ST-6 that I use.

We use to have a group of about 15 hams on the 220 mhz
band and a repeater just for rtty about 20 years ago.

73 de KU4PT

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.