--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now the most confusing thing is how do you handle text data vs the
image
> data? If you call CQ with the image only and you contact another
station
> using the same mode, what do you do after the initial exchange of
images?

> Or is it possible to do it the other way and be text chatting with
> someone and then be able to send an image? How do you do this
gracefully?

> 73,
>
> Rick, KV9U

Rick, most SSTV contacts are done with text templates superimposed on
the images. The templates are basically like a CW conversation - Name
, QTH, UR 595 etc. and prepared in advance, some have macros to make
this easier.

Have a look at a few of the webcam pages for the JA, VK and EU
conversations for a better idea. I don't see as much of this type of
QSO from the USA pages.

Brad VK2QQ