Nice store Rick. Enjoyed reading it.
I for one never did give up on the black boxes. Still
have all 5 of them. Going back to the first one (PK-232MBX)
that was about 1986 or 1987. I even still have the G3PLX board
for Amtor when I jumped into that band wagon. That was
my first non RTTY digital mode. Using a Kenwood TS-520 (no S
or anything) and still using that 520 with both the 28 machines.

My main HAM computer still runs DOS 6.22 with no sound card.
does every thing I need it do, running TNC's, controlling the
satellites antennas and the FT-847. I use a dell laptop with
the 2 sound card modes that I do operate (HELL & MT63).
Never did take a liking to PSK-31.

Like a ARQ QSO? You can find me on almost any evening
sitting on 7078.9 center frequency.

Andy - next time you fire up on MT63 let me know.
Sorry I missed you the other night.

John, W0JAB