--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Rein Couperus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ... I have visited several hams who could hear MORE than twice
> the stations after switching from a 2.5 kHz (panoramic) to 250 Hz
> filter.

While on the subject of filters, my current setup allows me to narrow
my SSB signal down to 500 Hz.  Maxed out, the pass band is about 2.7
kHz, (3.6 on CW Wide.)

I have no optional filters installed, so I've been thinking of adding
one or two (I think YK-88CN and YG-455CN).

I like the idea of having a narrower VBT of 250 Hz (-6 dB) to 500 Hz
(-60 dB) with the YG-455CN filter. BUT, it seems that's for the CW
Narrow mode switch position.  Will that do anything all all for SSB?

It's a Kenwood hybrid (TS-830S).  If a CW Narrow filter isn't going to
help my digital modes RX, then is there some other filter I can add
that will give the improvement you've stated above?

I've heard of a YG-88S, but don't see any mention of it in the manual.
 Looks like http://www.qth.com/inrad/ has some in stock.

Any suggestions?  Well, other than buy a new radio! 8)

Frank, K2NCC