With some of the recent comments about filtering and the use of the
Elecraft K2, I was wondering if these rigs are OK for the wider digital
modes that can exceed 2000 Hz.

Also, do you find that most rigs with no TCXO (such as the K2), will
work OK for the digital modes, including MFSK16 and similar modes that
require very close tolerance on frequency stability?

This was one of the things that prompted me to buy the ICOM IC-7000 for
my wife, since the TCXO is built in and it has something around 0.5 ppm
frequency stability. This is better than some other rigs, such as the
Ten Tec Argonaut V which has TCXO, but not that that accuracy. I did not
find any problem in using it, but I suspect that this mostly becomes an
issue if you are in an environment with changing ambient temperatures,
such as outside, field day, emergency use, etc.

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/sked

Check our other Yahoo Groups....

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional