  From: Leskep
  To: Digitalradio
  Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 9:08 PM
  Subject: [digitalradio] RFSM8000 and Yaesu FT857

  Greetings to all
  Is anyone using the FT857 for RFSM8000
  I have been trying mine out over the past two days after getting a
  new Signalink USB interface
  Big problem with the RX passband - it is not wide enough using
  the standard filter supplied with the FT857 and consequently too
  much of the signal is cut off on the low frequency end of the audio
  Waterfall shows that there is no or very little audio up to about 700 hz
  making it impossible so far to make a connect even though it will
  spring up the called station every time
  Any ideas? I am now looking at an INRAD filter either 2500 or 2900
  that would allow the required passband audio
  Any comments or feedback welcome
  Regards
  Les VK2DSG