From: Alan Barrow
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:55 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] RFSM8000 and Yaesu FT857

Hello,

You should be using the digi port, and there is a specific setting that
allows you to center the filter passband around typical digi signals. I
find 200 hz up works best for ALE.

Since the signal is now centered, I can then even use the DSP bandpass
to really tighten up.

If you have not centered the signal, or are using USB you will need to
turn DSP bandpass off.

I don't know how the signalink interfaces, but the 857/897 needs no
interface for soundcard/tnc usage and is already decoupled at the
digi-port on the back of the radio.

Have fun,

Alan
km4ba