Just to clear up a few things:

1. Is it correct that just because a mode is listed in the NBEMS mode
list, does not mean that you could not use it with flarq as an ARQ mode?

Therefore, any of the modes could theoretically be used, even if not
recommended or even if they might not work very well but flarq will ARQ
any of them?

2. Could you explain how the MFSK modes are made more robust and yet can
still work with other programs?

On another note, thanks for confirming what I suspected about the drift
issue. I recently was told that I my preference for purchasing only TCXO
rigs was overkill, even for VHF, but when you look at the ppm issues
with modes such as MFSK, even a few Hz is a problem.