Hi Tony

Are you using this software: "
http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html " as a " Virtual Audio Cable "?

73 de LA5VNA Steinar

Tony wrote:
> Dave,
>
>>> On other thing that I can not understand is why THOR's performance
>>> proved to be so poor on Tony's tests.
>
>> Where can I find the specifics on the reference tests?
>
> Please see attached for the HF Path Simulations. Here are some of the
details...

> OS: Windows Vista
> Simulator: Moe Wheatley's PathSim
> Software: Fldigi (and others)
> Sound card: Realtek HD / Virtual Audio Cable.
>
> Virtual Audio Cable was used to route the audio between the HF path
simulator and Fldigi. The same configuration was used to test other
modes with other software; Mixw, DM780, Multipsk etc.

> The two-PC method was tried as well with the path simulator and
digital mode software running on separate machines. The results were the
same. The tests were conducted with only the path simulator and digital
mode software running.

> PathSim adds AWGN to simulate signal-to-noise ratio. You'll find the
details about the HF path simulator here: