Great information, Dave,

On other thing that I can not understand is why THOR's performance
proved to be so poor on Tony's tests. The robustness to multipath and
Doppler does not seem to show up although sensitivity at -15 dB SNR
seems quite good.

It might be understandable with the more severe amounts such as high
latitude 7 msec path delay and 30 Hz Doppler, where the test indicated
no copy with THOR11 even at -3 dB SNR.

But even at more modest low latitude 6 ms path delay with 10 Hz Doppler
and a -8 dB SNR there is still no copy. And most surprising is the
Mid-Latitude 2 ms path delay with only 1 Hz Doppler at -8 dB and THOR11
was decoding only 80%.

At most of these conditions, Olivia 500/16, and Olivia 500/8, and often
MFSK16, provided perfect copy and THOR11 showed no copy at all.

Can anyone explain how this can be?