Dave,

>> On other thing that I can not understand is why THOR's performance
>> proved to be so poor on Tony's tests.

> Where can I find the specifics on the reference tests?

Please see attached for the HF Path Simulations. Here are some of the
details...

OS: Windows Vista
Simulator: Moe Wheatley's PathSim
Software: Fldigi (and others)
Sound card: Realtek HD / Virtual Audio Cable.

Virtual Audio Cable was used to route the audio between the HF path simulator
and Fldigi. The same configuration was used to test other modes with other
software; Mixw, DM780, Multipsk etc.

The two-PC method was tried as well with the path simulator and digital mode
software running on separate machines. The results were the same. The tests
were conducted with only the path simulator and digital mode software running.

PathSim adds AWGN to simulate signal-to-noise ratio. You'll find the details
about the HF path simulator here:
http://www.moetronix.com/ae4jy/files/pathsimtech100.pdf

> For fldigi:
> Selected sampling rate