From: "Andrew O'Brien" <k3uka...@gmail.com>
To: <digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 6:29 PM
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: No PTT, FLDIGI with ICom 746P and Digikeyer

Still no go.  I am talking him throught this via Skype, so it is not
easy.

He placed the Icom 746 Pro xml file in the FLDIGI.FILES/RIGS path,
He selected  RIGCAT in FLDIGI CONFIGURE area and selected USE
RIGCAT.  He saved and re-booted.  When rebooted, FLDIGI says no
RigCAT above the frequency read out, there is no rig control.

He has baud rate set to same baud rate his rig 19200, and comm port
selected is comm 5, same one he previously had some rig control (but
no PTT) when using HAMLIB.

He is not sure which setting for PTT to use, RTS or DTR, he tried
both, no control.

Andy K3UK

http://www.w1hkj.com/xmlarchives.html

> Put the file in the Rigs folder in fldigi.files.
>
> Set the baud rate, comport, and check PTT via Cat Command.
>
> 73, Skip KH6TY

Digikeyer

> When using RIGCAT with an Icom 746P, should we be using a xml for
for
> that rig ?

Internal Virus Database is out of date.