The SS5 is a true skeleton-slot beam with five skeleton-clot elements.
Each one is a skeleton-slot.

The overall dimentions are 13" x 2 plus the width:

Reflector width: 7 5/8"

Driven element width: 6 1/4"

D1 width: 6 1/4"

D2 width: 6 1/8"

D3 width: 5 7/8"

I standardized on the height of each skeleton-slot at 13" and just
varied the width as needed for the different elements so I could use
parallel booms to hold the wires. To find the overall dimensions of each
loop, add two times the width to two times 13, or 26". That comes out to
.98 WL for the driven element, which is excited in the middle by the
split center wire.

The theory for this antenna design follows the research by Jefferies and
Handlesman:

http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/D.Jefferies/antennexarticles/qloop.htm

You cannot eliminate the center wires, as you would find if you model
it. The link to the SS5 file for MANA-GAL is
http://home.comcast.net/~hteller/ss5.maa

I was surprised at the large interest in this antenna at the Conference,
so I wove it into my presentation as I gave it. I have since received
many requests for the dimensions, so I added it to my web page as you
can see.

The benefit of the design is that it packs a lot of gain into a short
boom. If you want one with even more gain, but requires a four foot
boom, I have uploaded the file for the SS7 to my other website:
http://home.comcast.net/~hteller/ss7.maa. These antennas are tall
compared to a yagi, so when they get much bigger, they get rather
unwieldly. The SS7 calculated gain in free space is 14.5 dBi, which is
pretty good for such a small antenna. Just follow the same construction
as the SS5 as it uses the same vertical height. I developed these little
beams to pack as much gain as I could get and still fit into the trunk
of a car for NBEMS.

73, Skip KH6TY

**

--