Hi Vojtech,

My experience with it was strictly anecdotal, and had no noticeable
problems on the air on HF compared to the SignaLink, but I did not make
any quantitative evaluation other than to notice the absence of the low
end noise on the waterfall that my SignaLink has.

I just checked it and do measure a 0.05 ma DC current through the earphones.

Too bad - I wonder if the C-Media motherboard chips have the same
problem. I finally gave up on clone motherboards - too many other problems!

We were using it under Linux because there are too many hardware
compatibility problems with Linux recognizing soundcards, but it sounds
like even the SignaLink would be a better choice. Since then, we have
come out with a Windows version of fldigi which has no problems
recognizing soundcards.

Thanks for the heads-up, Vojtech!

73, Skip KH6TY