The FCC has been very remise in keeping up with their own opinions compared
to the published rules. In fact if you go too far too the edge they will
issue at worst a cease and desist which you will comply with and add an
apology Based on that case you will apply for a modification of the rules.
Going to the FCC prior to such instance is like a whining kid running from
the sandbox.