From: Stephen <smyer...@yahoo.com>
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, August 20, 2010 4:13:01 PM
Subject: [digitalradio] New guy

Hello all. After being a SWL for several years, a friend willed (he is an SK
now) to me his Icom 765. I am intrested in getting into the digital modes.
Being
new, I don't even know enough to ask the right questions.

My wife is in the US Navy and we will retire to the country of Panama. I got my
ticket last Feb. but we moved to Baton Rouge and I have nothing set up (except
long wire in the attic). I have had all the gear (IC-765, IC-AT500, IC-2kl and
its powersupply) back to a guy who rebuilt and referbished to factory spect. I
have found that if you have a ticket, in Panama, they will give you one (of
equal rating) so you can operate in their country.

Is HRD the program to use, or should I start out with somethig that is more
simple? Do I get an "outboard" sound card? What cables do I need? Any advice
will be appreciated.

Steve
KJ4SLK