On 08/14/2010 02:15 PM, g4ilo wrote:
> Well, that isn't my experience. Regardless of the chip set used, it's the
> entire product including the drivers that will determine the performance.
>
> My suspicion is that these devices run at a fixed sampling rate, and that
> resampling to the rate requested by the software is carried out by the
> drivers.

Not an issue for me since I run Linux and fldigi.  The digital
mode program fldigi simply gets the audio off the device at one
of the native sampling rates of the device and does good quality
sample rate conversion internally.

I believe you if you have seen the Windows drivers for the device
do a terrible job of sample rate conversion. However, I'm not going
to experience that issue myself and am quite happy with the device
in my setup :)

> Personally I don't think it is worth economizing in this area.

That I can agree with.

--
All rights reversed.