g4ilo wrote:
> I would be interested to know if Linux even supports these cheap USB sound
> devices? I did run Linux in the shack for a while and unfortunately sold one
> of the original RigExpert devices because it wasn't usable under Linux and at
> the time I though I wouldn't revert back to Windows. But in the end I did as
> apart from Fldigi most of the ham software on Linux is second rate compared
> to that available for Windows and I got fed up at not being able to try some
> newly announced thing that came only in a Windows version.
>
> Julian, G4ILO

that above is EXACTLY my complaint and major, pet peeve.. I would love to run
my digital off my MacPro but none of the software for Winmor, MixW, Telnet
has been ported to OS-X that I am aware of.

result is, I am either sneaker netting files from the Mac to my doze laptop
or sending it to my //MARS/ telnet account then copying the data into an EEI
or whatever.  sucks.  BUT, I feel the same way about what I consider the best
email program (Agent by Forte) and my favorite photo program (ACDSee).

So, as long as those are in Doze, I have resigned myself to running second
rate software on my Mac IF I can even find something comparable.

thanks for the thread.  If anyone finds a comparable Mac OS-X set of digital
programs to replace the MixW, Telnet and Winmor, please post it to this list.

to the point of a sound card, I like the SL/USB so much, I bought one for
each of my transceivers.  so, I can unplug one from the T-41 and plug in
another, depending on my needs.  Since I got my Pro3, I find it hard to go
back to my 480HX except for QSY checking for propagation.

73

chas

--
ch...@texas.net   k5dam  Houston, TX