I used a half square on 17 meters in Colorado in 1995 at the bottom of the
sunspot cycle. I voltage fed it with a parallel LC network and one 1/4 wave
radial. The flat top phasing line was only 13 feet off of the ground with
the antenna broadside Europe and the Pacific. The results: 100 countries in
30 days with 100 watts. A serious DX antenna.

I also put up a half square on 160 in Colorado, with the same voltage feed.
I linear loaded each 1/4 wave leg into two each 1/8 wave 64 foot sections
and it worked fantastic. I had a big signal with 100 watts.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
n...@tampabay.rr.com