For a good number of years I did allot of experimenting with 1/2 wave inverted
L's and T's on 160 meters with no ground system and had very good results.

I published a web page about it at http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o9.htm

One night on 160 meters with 100 watts on SSB I got a 10 over S9 report from a
station in England from here in Florida.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
http://www.nz4o.org