Hi,

2012/1/21 Tony Pursell <a...@princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk>

> Terry
>
> On 21 January 2012 17:15, Terry Warby <twcw.chenh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 21/01/12 16:51, Pedro wrote:
> >
> >> Terry Warby wrote

> >> have
> >> to manually switch to another icon set.
> >>
> >> I am aware that I can switch icon sets. Actually I had already switched
> >> before posting here.
> >>
> >> The point is: did everybody agree that the Floppy icon was a bad idea so
> >> that it is no longer the default for any new user?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >>  I didn't follow the thread that closely earlier on, but I seem to
> > remember that somebody said that some of the available icon sets did not
> > use the floppy icon for save. Is that correct or is my memory in error?
> >
> > Terry W
> >

> > It was me that said that Ubuntu uses an icon set, by default, that does
> not use a floppy disk.  I have been using LO in Ubuntu for over a year and
> hadn't noticed that change until this discussion started.
>
> As far as I know, there has been no decision, just a lot of discussion.
> Most of the participants in the discussion seem to want the floppy icon
> kept.  Personally, from my experience, it doesn't seem to matter.

I didn't follow the discussion closely, but I can tell you two things:
- the discussion on this list (the discuss list) did not lead to any
decision; however the discussion on the design list might have done that as
it is the right mailing list for design and UX contributors, so that's the
normal way to go
- if the icon was changed (I don't think it has, my 3.5 beta still has the
floppy icon on the mac) then it means someone provided a replacement icon.
Again I don't remember it was the case, but changes do not occur though
discussion, they do occur through effective contribution :-)

Best,

Charles.