From: Brandon Long <bl...@google.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:18 PM
To: Brotman, Alex <alex_brot...@comcast.com>
Cc: dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dmarc-discuss] PolicyOverride in Reporting

Isn't the override in the RowType?  So you can just have multiple RecordTypes,
each with different RowTypes?

Ultimately, it seems like the report is a bunch of fields with a count, and so
the composition is to make sure that the set of rows is a "unique" key.
Theoretically you should log even the published policy at eval time, so you can
report different counts even if the policy changes over that period... even if
you'd have to send separate reports.

The schema doesn't really make that clear, to my mind, I wouldn't have buried
the count.

Brandon

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 5:26 AM Brotman, Alex via dmarc-discuss