On 4/15/2023 11:27 AM, Douglas Foster wrote:
Sorry Hector, but you are wrong on the theory and off topic. DMARC and SPF authenticate different things. DMARC is designed to override SPF Fail to handle the case of forwarding without SRS, which would be optimal if all messages were signed.

SPF is ignorant of DMARC both literally and technically. DMARC depends on SPF and it may never get a chance to be tested. That's the reality. Sorry.

Bandwidth optimization was an issue when we were on dial-up, but now we size capacity to need, and use other defenses for DDoS attacks that saturate bandwidth.

Who is we?  Anyhow. Not applicable.

Discarding DMARC is not feasible, because you cannot revoke an RFC and you cannot make people stop knowing what they already know

Way over my head.

--
Hector Santos,
https://santronics.com