> On Sep 11, 2023, at 9:24 AM, Dotzero <dotz...@gmail.com> chastised Douglas
> Foster
>
> Absolutely incorrect. DMARC is a deterministic pass|fail approach based on
> validation through DKIM or SPF pass (or if both pass). It says nothing about
> the acceptability/goodness/badness of a source.

So why are we here?

Correct or incorrect, a published p=reject has to mean something to the
verifier who is doing the domain a favor by a) implementing the protocol and b)
the goal of eliminating junk.   If there are false negatives, whose fault is
that?  The Domain, The Verifier or the Protocol?

I think it’s the protocol but thats my opinion as one of early DKIM POLICY
adopters and an advanced and costly implementation. If policy does not help
protect a domain and also the receiver with failure hints or better said
negative classification of a source per the domain policy, then what is the
point of the work here or lack of there?

Same is true with SPF.

Please try to be more civil with people’s views or position with this
problematic protocol.

Thanks

All the best,
Hector Santos