> On Sep 14, 2023, at 10:39 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy <superu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2023 at 6:01 PM Douglas Foster
> <dougfoster.emailstanda...@gmail.com
> <mailto:dougfoster.emailstanda...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> The coverage problem is aggravated if we assume rational attackers.   With a
>> plethora of domains available for impersonation, attackers are least likely
>> to use domains that are protected with p=reject.  Therefore the reference
>> model implementation protects an evaluator where attacks are least likely,
>> and fails to protect an evaluator where attacks are most likely.
>
> So you're saying DMARC fails to protect domains that don't set "p=reject"?
> That claim has the appearance of a tautology.

Firs, I agree with your thoughts here.

I always considered these new DNS-based Apps that offered policies, their
highest payoff is the most restrictive policy, the partials policies like SPF
soft fail or unknown policies or DMARD p=none policies is technically overhead
and redundancy if every query is always a “well I don’t know” do what you wish.
 DNS and processing overhead.

The highest payoff for SPF is -ALL and then highest payoff for DMARC is
p=reject despite its faulty authorization or restrictive algorithm,

All the best,
Hector Santos