I have been “militantly” against Authorship destruction.  But fast forward to
today, I am willing to support it IFF it can be officially sanctioned by the
IETF using a well-defined Rewrite protocol for List Systems.

Overall, I believe if the middle ware performs a rewrite due to an author’s
restrictive policy, we should consider these technical concepts:

1) Applicable to p=reject or p=quarantine only,
2) A domain rewrite SHOULD match the original domain security.

For example,  for this list,  the IETF list manager rewrites my address:

hsantos@isdg,net

hsantos=40isdg....@dmarc.ietf.org <mailto:hsantos=40isdg....@dmarc.ietf.org>

I believe any domain transformation should retain the p=reject isdg.net
<http://isdg.net/> policy security level.  In this case, p=reject was weaken to
p=none with the domain change.

So I can support rewrites iff the domain security can be retained.

All the best,
Hector Santos