Your latter questions were similar to Ale's

- If the SPF/DKIM domain is a parent of the From domain, then we check its
relationship to the organizational domain.   If it is a parent of the
organizational domain, the result is unaligned.   If it is anywhere between
the organizational domain and the From domain, then it is aligned.   In
either case, the Tree Walk is no needed.

- Exact match domains do not need the Tree Walk.   That is obvious and was
handled in one of my first bullets.    Otherwise, the SPF/DKIM domain must
be a child of the organizational domain.   Determining whether a candidate
domain meets these criteria do not require a Tree Walk.

All of this is based on my slightly confrontational comment that "Tree Walk
is inefficient and unreliable", which maybe needs elaboration.   My
approach to the problem changed dramatically when I discovered, by
accident, that a subset of DNS servers will refuse to answer queries that
produce NXDOMAIN, and a non-response does not come with a TTL value.
Additionally, the increase in DNS traffic of at least 100% will be
mostly NXDomain queries, while the raw volume will also increase the
frequency of random DNS timeouts.   All of this means that a successful
implementation needs to have optimizations which ensure known answers are
cached, especially if that result was obtained after experiencing timeout
errors.    I don't think the oblique reference to DNS timeouts comes close
to documenting the severity of the problem.

I have always felt that the Tree Walk should be referenced in the main body
as a concept, to focus on the decision process, and then described in
detail in an appendix, where the differences between first and second tree
walks can be presented succinctly, and some discussion of optimizations can
be included without losing train of thought.   You write really good prose
when you have room to do so.  In this case, the Tree Walk description  was
done early, because it was needed, but then it became frozen in place.

Doug