> I'm fairly sure they would say that behavior is extremely broken. It
is so broken that I doubt it's actuallly happening other than in
obscure corner cases involving ancient hardware with a thick layer of
dust.

Some universities' resolvers return NOERROR instead of NXDOMAIN (samba4 server
used as AD, and resolvers)

On others, you must wait for ~30s a SERVFAIL instead of NXDOMAIN. (I don't have
the spec)
And of course, all UDP packet port 53 with a different address destination than
the official resolvers' IP are dropped

Olivier