No, you don´t understand
There is a core process (/usr/bin/dovecot) running all the time. So I want to
allocate a memory block, the core process keep it and it is retrievable by the
pluging when laded again
At exit of /usr/bin/dovecot, it just does a "delete()" of the said allocation

On 2024-03-14 13:25, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:
     Hi!

     Sorry but that's just not possible, ther is no "core" where to create
     such object. There is no "dovecot" where to store things.

     When user logs in, dovecot executes /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap and
     transfers the connection fd there. then plugins and stuff are loaded,
     and the user does what he does, and then plugins and stuff are
     unloaded and process exists and no longer exists in memory.

     You are clearly asking about memory persistence between sessions, and
     this can be done with

     a) services (internal or external), such as redis, sql, or something
     else
     b) storing things to disk

     Aki

          On 13/03/2024 18:45 EET Joan Moreau via dovecot