Thanks Eduardo

I am trying to avoid closing/ reopening a file pointer to the exact same file
between each call to the plugin

On 14 March 2024 20:08:37 Eduardo M KALINOWSKI via dovecot
<dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:

     On 14/03/2024 02:49, Joan Moreau via dovecot wrote:
          No, you don´t understand
          There is a core process (/usr/bin/dovecot) running all the
          time. So I want to
          allocate a memory block, the core process keep it and it is
          retrievable by the
          pluging when laded again
          At exit of /usr/bin/dovecot, it just does a "delete()" of
          the said allocation

     While I cannot help you with plugin writing or dovecot internals,
     this
     does seem like an example of the XY problem[0]. Perhaps if you
     provide a
     high level description of what you're attempting to do someone might
     come up with a way to achieve that.

     [0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_problem

     --
     Eduardo M KALINOWSKI