Hi Sean,

El dom, 3 ene 2021 a las 15:04, Sean Warner (<plica2...@gmail.com>) escribió:

> Hello,
>

> I am ssh’ing from Server-A to Server-B. Dropbear client/server is on Server-A
> and openssh client/server is on Server-B. ~/.ssh/ncp_key_dropbear in Server-A
> is of the correct Dropbear format.
>

> I can ssh from A to B like this:
>
> # cd ~/.ssh
>
> # ssh -i ncp_key_dropbear root@192.168.1.124 -p 22
>

> In Dropbear is it possible in to create a ~/.ssh/config file on Server-A like
> this:
>
> Host ncp
>
>         User root
>
>         Port 22
>
>         IdentityFile ~/.ssh/ncp_key_dropbear
>
>         HostName 192.168.1.124

This file and syntax is openssh specific, it does not work with dropbear, AFAIK.

> … and then ssh like this?
>
> # ssh ncp
>

> When I do that on a host running OpenWrt I get the error:
>

> root@OpenWrt:~/.ssh# ssh ncp
>

> ssh: Connection to root@ncp:22 exited: Connect failed: Error resolving 'ncp'
> port '22'. Name does not resolve

You could map the hostname to an IP address by adding an entry in
/etc/hosts, something like:

192.168.1.124  ncp

This file will be interpreted, not by dropbear directly but via the C library.

You do not need to specify port 22 explicitly. It is the standard port
for SSH and is thus default. A port only needs to be specified if it
is _not_ 22, like 1022.

I'm not aware of a way to specify the key file to use in a config
file, but you could use the default filename ~/.ssh/id_dropbear in
which case you don't need to specify it explicitly.

Best regards,
Thomas