--- Michael Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In any case, the ghost of Lowell could still use
> some exorcism.  Arthur C.
> Clarke, less than a year ago, said over the wire at
> some conference that he
> was sure he saw something in recent surface images,
> evidence of life gosh
> darn it.  Clarke's a very intelligent and
> imaginative guy, and a good
> writer.  But please.

And let us not forget that (on-topic alert!) Clarke
was also contending a while back that one of the big
long cracks in Europa was too straight and long, and
was therefore most likely to have been created by
intelligent life.

And given that "Mysterious World" show he used to
host, it would really seem to me that he falls on
the more credulous side of the spectrum.  Maybe
he's just being hopeful in his twilight years.  I
wouldn't begrudge him that, he's earned it...

--Mark