On 30 Mar 2021 at 17:11, Jukka Järvinen via EV wrote:

> The thing is one full tank of gasoline is (at least in here) around
> $80-100. That is much more than the 40-50 kWh with normal electricity
> prices (~10c/kWh) which is only $4-5 per charge

Thanks - I think that I see part of the problem.  It sounds like the
charging companies are expecting cost percentages and revenue similar to
filling stations.

That isn't possible yet.  EV charging is a business in its infancy.  The
charging companies must be patient.  In the future the number of EVs will
grow (especially in EU), their use for long distance travel will increase,
and their batteries will get larger.  Then of course the charging business
volume will increase.

EV adoption can be speeded up by making charging easier and more accessable!

In the meantime, they should have more realistic expectations, and watch
their expenses.  Maybe they are paying their CEOs too much. :-)

Perhaps what is needed is a tax credit or subsidy for the credit card fees.

> The centrally executed (in app purchases) is doable and widely used.

I read recently that Apple and Google take 30% of in-app purchases as their
commission.  That's an outrageous amount!  It can't possibly be less than
credit card fees.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Some people ask, "Why?" Others ask, "Why not?"
     Then later they say, "Oh."

                              -- Found on the Net