Radio, particularly AM, is a lost cause on home conversions. The EMI and RFI is just to difficult for the home converter to deal with. Takes serious and time consuming work on shielding and filtering of the EV components and wiring to get it down to a level where you can listen to an ordinary AM radio. Even the early OEM EV's did not do well on the AM stations. I suspect that the AM radios in EV's are somewhat special.

My best suggestion to this issue is to listen to a podcast on your phone.

Bill D.